Even though I like to give David a hard time about being old, and becoming a "retired old fart", I am so very proud of him! He served well in the Army and was an excellent soldier. The trials that we have had to go through of being separated for a year on different sides of the world (unfortunately, some people have had to do more), and all the training that kept him away for weeks and months at times, I feel have made us better people today. It will definately be a lifestyle adjustment with David being home now, but I would rather him be with me than far away fighting in another country. I am grateful to him for his service and dedication to his country. Now it's my turn to be selfish in asking for dedication in helping me raise our little family. He is an awesome dad and his kids love him. I love him for the strength he is in my life.
Happy Retirement David! Have fun studying really hard in school now! I love you!
I wanted to take pictures yesterday of David in his uniform with all his commanding officers, but was unable to. So this is the only picture I could find of David in his uniform. Not the best of me, but this one's about him!
4 comments:
Thanks Sweetheart for the kind words. It is going to be a treat to be with the family more often! God has watched over us and blessed us and he will continue to do so as we try to do what is right. God bless you for all your sacrifice during these last 8 years!
Congrats Dave!! That is awesome! And Jessica, I am the same way.. I still can't figure out/remember all the ranks and appropriate terms in the military. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone :) I need to get it together..
Good job David! What will you do in your retirement?? ha ha
You know Jess, behind every good soldier is a good woman - wife and/or mother. You deserve a pin, flag and bowl, too!
Aw, Jessica -- what a nice post. You are a fantastic wife!
Post a Comment