Monday, March 30, 2009

We're staying here!

For all of you that may not know yet, David and I have decided to stay in Alaska. We have put an offer in on a house and it was accepted. Right now, we are just waiting on inspections and other things that have to take place before we can close on the house. It should close no later than May 8th, could be sooner, though. So now we get to have the stress of packing and moving our things again. But at least it's not that far away this time.
You may ask "Why Alaska?". The only answer we can give is that through lots of prayer and fasting, we feel this is where the Lord wants us to be for now. We don't know why yet. We have learned that when you are prompted over and over to do something even though the answer is not there for why you should do it, that you have to go by faith and trust in the Lord and know that the He has a plan and that He knows what He is doing and that you are a part of it. We know that this is the case for us. Our Heavenly Father has truly watched over and taken care of us and we have no reason to doubt that He is still doing that for us.
This has been a hard and long decision for us to make because our families are not in Alaska and will probably not ever be able to come due to finances or other reasons. We are sad because of this, but again, we know that this is what we are supposed to do at this time.
Here is a picture of our house if you would like to see it. It's not brand new, but we are excited to learn how to do some projects that will upgrade the house so that when and if we are led to leave Alaska, that we can say that we left the house better than we found it. It is a cute house already though!

6 comments:

Jessica S. said...

that is great!! Good luck to you!

The Mrs. said...

I am SO happy for you!! That is so exciting! :-)

Brooke Thompson said...

Having your own home will be great! I'm so glad you made a choice. That is the hardest part! I haven't liked the cold Utah winter so I can only dream of how Alaska is! The girls were talking about your gals the other day. Any chance of coming to Utah in the next year let us know!

M C said...

I'm glad you found a house so quickly! It can be hard especially up here or so I've heard from other house hunters.. It looks big, and that you'll have a nice yard to enjoy too. I hope all the final steps towards getting the house will go well and smooth. Let me know if you need any help the next few weeks. I hate packing up for a move but I always enjoy unpacking at our new place.. It's exciting to me. Good luck and I'll see you sooner or later!

CarrieAnne said...

So what will you be doing? when is David's time up and all that?

Cassie Jeter said...

Congrats you two!