Sunday, March 1, 2009


David surprised me with a plane ticket to Georgia for a month. It was last minute so I packed what I could think of for Steven and I. Luckily, I don't need very much so that wasn't a very big problem. I excitedly called my mom (2a.m her time and 10p.m my time) and asked if she could pick me up at 3p.m (her time) at the Atlanta airport. She sounded very tired, but was very excited to come and get us. So David stayed home with the girls and I took off with Steven to see Nanna and Big Daddy. I left Alaska at 1 a.m. and got to Georgia at 3 p.m. on February 2nd. I was exhausted! Steven did really well considering it was the first time that he had ever flown.
So while we were in Georgia, we were able to spend a lot of time with my parents and siblings. It was the first time that any of my family had met Steven, so they were pretty happy to have us there. We also were able to see some aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was good to be able to go home for awhile. It's so expensive to fly anywhere that it only made sense for me to be there a month. I was able to go to the Atlanta Temple once a week and also go to Callaway Gardens with my friend and brother.
I think that the best part about being in Georgia (besides seeing my family) was that Steven loved being able to play outside. It was warm most of the time that we were there and he loved playing on the slide and just being outside. Anytime that he had to come inside or get in the car, he was not too happy. As long as he was outside, he was the happiest little boy around.
When we left Georgia and had a 10 hour layover in the Seattle Airport! Luckily there is a U.S.O there for military and their families and also a little playland that Steven was able to enjoy.
We miss our family already, but are very grateful that the Lord provided a way for us to see them.

1 comment:

M C said...

Gotta love those U.S.O's. I spend several hours in that Seattle one too, a few years ago. It was great! I'm glad you had a good time with family but I'm more glad that you're home because I missed you! :) Talk to you soon..