Saturday, February 5, 2011

Remodeled Bathroom

After MANY, LONG MONTHS of tearing down walls and building them up again, adding a little bit with every paycheck, reconstructing the way our downstairs bathroom looks from when we first moved into our home a couple of years ago, I will be glad to say that we are finished with the bathroom!! (For the most part....there's still a couple of little things left to do.) Yay! And it looks awesome! It hasn't been an easy thing to do, but it has been worth it. David did just about everything by himself. When he wasn't sure of how to do something, he enlisted the help of friends who knew what to do and were willing to show him how to do it. He has learned a few helpful skills since we've bought our home. He has progressed quite a bit. He's still up for learning new things to do!
This is what the bathroom looked like when we first bought it. It was just a toilet and sink with counter. The pipes from the ceiling were exposed because there was no ceiling. The kids would never use this bathroom because they were scared to go in there!

THIS is what the bathroom looks like now! We have raised the pipes in the ceiling and actually put in a ceiling. We also had to move the position of the toilet and add more pipes in the floor so that we could add a Claw Tub (my favorite part of the whole bathroom), because the old bathroom didn't have a tub. We also added a closet (so that I would have somewhere to hang my clothes since we used our bedroom closet space to expand the bathroom).




This was a fun project for David and I to do together. He did most of the work, but I enjoyed putting up sheetrock, mudding, painting, and picking out all the pretty things!

8 comments:

mkb said...

looks great, nice job!

Sarah said...

Jessica, this bathroom is gorgeous. I've always wanted a claw foot tub. What a huge difference and so much work. We've renovated a bathroom before so we know what you went through (although we didn't put in a new tub so that's a big deal!). Good job!!

Sara said...

It looks great! I want one of those tubs!!!

Jessica S. said...

That is lovely! Now, come on down to NC and help me redo my bathroom! I just want a new toilet, floor & vanity. That's all :)

Carrie said...

Holy crap girl!! HUGE difference! Looks awesome!!!

mAtt aNd TaMaRa sMith said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful!

M C said...

Gorgeous!! I'm Very impressed, enjoy!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Cassie Jeter said...

Hey David:)! Hows it going? I hope you, Jessica and the family are well! Too bad you all live so far away or maybe Aaron and I could meet you and Jessica for dinner on occasion! Afterall, we do have the same wedding anniversay;-)!! You've got the cutest family! It's wonderful keeping in touch w everybody from the mission on fb and other means! Thanks for being such a great example to our family!

Take care,
Cassie