Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Moose



I was driving somewhere the other day with Steven in the car with me. We weren't very far from the house, when I saw this baby moose crossing the road to get to it's mother. I, of course, slowed to a stop to let it cross and was able to get a picture in the process. You never know what kind of pictures you are going to be able to capture when you are out and about, so I usually have my camera with me always.
Steven never really paid much attention before when we would point out moose to him, but this time I think he saw them, because he started barking like a puppy!! It was too cute. I'm not sure what it is, but there's seems to be something magical that happens when you are able to see moose or other wildlife here. I think it's one of the best parts of living in Alaska.

3 comments:

Jessica S. said...

that is really cool!!
When I lived in Utah, I was a nanny for a family in Park City. They were in the mountains and there were 2 Moose that would come into their back yard now and then. it was really neat.

Liz Palmer said...

Oh my gosh, how cool is that!! Devin would have gone crazy. You know him and animals, Especially ones that close, it makes him want to hunt though. I think it is so cool that you live in Alaska and get to see all this cool stuff. By the way. I must have put something wrong on your address, because the Christmas card I sent I got back. Would you still like our family new letter or not, Just let me know!

M C said...

Gosh dang it! Everyone seems to see all these wild animals but me!