We had to take Steven to the ER tonight. We were at a friends' house and he accidentally fell on their wood heater and burned his left hand. I feel horrible because I was right behind him and he turned to look at me and kind of stumbled and then caught himself on the heater. The doctor said that he has 2nd degree burn on the palm of his hand, but that it shouldn't scar too bad. He burned a little bit of his wrist, a large portion of his palm and a few fingers. The nurse put some burn medicine on him and wrapped his arm/hand up really well. Unfortunately, he was trying to take it off before we even left the ER, so we asked if they could give us a hospital sock to put on it. That seems to help. But he sure hates not being able to use his hand like he wants. Luckily, kids heal a lot faster than we do, so I hope that he isn't hurting for too long. The doctor gave him Tylenol with Codeine and also Motrin. So his emotions right now are really cranky (for lack of medicine to soothe the pain) or really tired (because of the sleepy medicine). I prefer that he be sleeping and healing than cranky and not being able to play because he is hurting.
I guess to end on a good note: at least it was his hand and not his face :( .
Oh yeah, our Christmas program went really well at church today. I loved singing in the choir.
5 comments:
That Suck!! I hope that he heals quick! P.S I need your address to send you a Christmas card!!
poor kid!! I'm glad you got it taken care of. If only kids didn't fall down so much, huh?
Same thing happened to my sister's kid. She got stuck to the stove door...they had to peel her off. Not much fun.
It healed well and she is perfectly fine now...5 years later. I'm sure Steven will be fine too and won't have any lasting problems.
Not any fun to go through. Just keep him doped up so he doesn't know what he's missing! ;-)
Stove door...Oven door...same difference! ;-)
Poor Baby!
Post a Comment