Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trip to GA

My sister bought tickets for Steven and I to go to Georgia for a month. Of course, I took Olyvia along with us too! Alysson and Kasey stayed behind with David because school is still going on and David still has to work.
The flight from here to GA is so LONG! I really dislike flying when it takes a whole day to get there! We flew at night and for the most part the kids slept on the plane. We had 2 layovers, one in Anchorage and the other in Seattle. So it was hard having to wake the kids to get off the plane, long enough to go and get on another. Let's just say it was a long night getting to GA. But not as bad as coming home. Coming back, we had a 7 hour layover, from midnight to 7a.m the next morning, in Anchorage and it takes that long to drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks!
When we finally got to GA, we were exhausted. Olyvia was so sick of flying that she cried from the airport to Chick-fil-A where we stopped to eat, which was over 30 minute drive. At Chick-fil-A, we ate, Steven played on the playground and Olyvia bonded with my Dad by showing him the food that was in her mouth! What a way to bond! But after she was all fed, she was the happiest baby! My sister, her fiance and her boys, and my brothers showed up a little while later and we just had a great time catching up.
Over the course of our stay with my parents, we did lots of fun things. We were able to go to Old McDermitt's Farm with my sister-in-law and see the new baby animals and play some games. We also went and saw some relatives and friends that we hadn't seen in a while. We were able to go to the open house of the Atlanta Temple with most of my family. But mostly, we just hung out with my parents and just enjoyed being in the hot, humid outside air that Georgia is known for. At one point Steven said, "I don't like the air here, it's too hot!" Olyvia had a blast being able to play outside, since when we left Alaska there was still snow on the ground and it was cold. So needless to say, I let them play outside for hours. They loved it! They always came in very dirty and they had a bath every night!
We had a good time being away, but we missed our family back in Alaska too! It was a good trip, but the next time anybody leaves to go on a trip it will be ALL of us, not just half of us!

Olyvia LOVES puppies!

Happy Easter!

Four generation picture of my Mom's side of the family
Papaw and Steven

This is what they loved to do the most!

My cousin and I

Papaw and Olyvia

Four generation picture on my Dad's side

My cousin and my kids

2 comments:

Eve said...

Too bad I missed you- cause I do miss you!

M C said...

What the heck! Olyvia has grown so much!! She's not a little baby anymore! :( I'm just amazed at how much it looks like she's changed in these pictures! Sounds like a nice relaxing trip you guys had. I dread flying alone with toddlers too. It's a lot of work! Glad to hear you had a good time in Gorgia though.