Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Alysson!

Today Alysson is 8 years old! I can't believe how fast the years have seemed to fly by. Alysson is a wonderful daughter. She is very smart and constantly wants to learn. She teaches us so many things about life everyday. She has grown up so much that sometimes we forget that she is still a little girl and still needs the constant nurture and teaching from us as parents. We tend to think that she "already knows" that sometimes we forget to "show" her the way.
Alysson will be getting baptized in February and I can't believe how much she already knows about the gospel and Jesus Christ. She is such an example to me. She is growing up too fast. I hope that I can be a better mother and example to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We celebrated Alysson's birthday on Saturday, by having a few of her friends over for cake and icecream. She got lots of fun presents from her friends and grandparents. Since turning 8 is such a special birthday in our family, David and I bought her some scriptures with a case to carry them in and a CTR (Choose the Right)ring. We also got her a necklace with her birth stone in it. She has been begging for that for a while now. Overall, Alysson's birthday "get-together" turned out really well. The only downfall was that since she opened all her presents from us on Saturday, she didn't have anything to open on Sunday, which she seemed a little sad about but quickly got over.
Happy Birthday Alysson...We love you!

1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

Happy Birthday Alysson!