My water broke at 5:00a.m. and David called for our friends to come and sit with kids and get them up and ready for school. I wasn't really having any labor pains before my water broke, no consistent contractions, so I guess you could say I wasn't really ready. Her due date was December 11 so I was still planning on at least 10 more days to go.
Anyway, we headed off to the hospital and I started really feeling the contractions hurt when we got in the hospital parking lot. We made it up to the Mother-Baby unit and right away I let them know I wanted an epidural. I was told that the anesthesiologist wouldn't be in until 7a.m.
Needless to say, I had a really FAST labor and wasn't able to get any pain medicine, which was a first for me. But somehow, I made it through and our baby girl is finally here!
This isn't a very attractive picture of me, but this is how big I got with Olyvia. She was my biggest baby.
Our friend brought the kids to the hospital later that evening. The girls were soooo excited to finally have a new little sister. Steven just looked confused and didn't really know what to think, so he decided to just be himself and get into everything. After they went home, reality set in and I couldn't believe that I was/am a mommy of 4 kids! Even though at times I may feel overwhelmed or it may seem difficult, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting in me enough to give them to me. I love my family!
4 comments:
Lovely post! You have a beautiful new baby!!
I didn't get a chance for an epidural with Ryan's birth and I liked it so much that way that I chose not to have one with Jenna's birth. I felt like I healed faster and was up and "running" sooner.
Whoa -- four kids!
Congratulations, Jessica! Your kiddos look wonderful! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Beautiful pictures of your new little one and your family. You guys are so wonderful bringing 4 munchkins into this hectic world, to care for and love. They are really lucky to have you two as parents. Family is really the most important thing. Don't you think?!!!!
Post a Comment