Today, I got called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Women's Program for our church. I'm excited about this new calling. We have a whole new presidency now. So everyone is new and trying to figure out how to get things going. We also have big shoes to fill because the previous President was there for 3+ years. That is a long time when you are in a mostly military ward. We don't have a whole lot of girls which is kind of good, but bad at the same time. We had 3 girls total today so there wasn't really a whole lot to do. But it was good to be able to sit and relax while listening to an uplifting lesson that I haven't received in a while.
I was working in the nursery with about 30 18 month - 3 year olds, which is a tough calling in itself. I guess technically I am still in there, because I wasn't released on Sunday. But hopefully I will be released this next Sunday. Some people are pulling double callings right now, because so many people are gone due to deployments, so I may still have to help out where I can. We'll see how it goes!
3 comments:
I didn't realize you were in the nursery before. It's a fun calling but gets tiring, huh?
I'm excited for you in YW. You had a fun time when you were in YW in the Ft Bragg Ward.
The first sunday I went into RS after I was released from Nursery I felt so good after!
WoW! I have always wanted to be in the young womens, but some how, I always get stuck in Primary! Good luck!
Nursery should have a one year time limit. I've been in there **three times** in this ward. Next time they ask I'm saying NO! I've done my time! ;-)
Nursery to Young Womens would be a hard transition. Good luck and LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment